My Windows 2003 Server is Configered for a domain......I'm running webserver on it. I also installed AD on it .......
I enabled web sharring for one of my folders and it works fine when accesing it from Internet explorer...... But when I'm trying to Map Drive to a Web share it doesn;t recognize my user name and pass.......I'm using AD user Account to access a web shares......

Anybody know what i have to do to be able to map drive a web share?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

My Windows 2003 Server is Configered for a domain......I'm running webserver on it. I also installed AD on it .......
I enabled web sharring for one of my folders and it works fine when accesing it from Internet explorer...... But when I'm trying to Map Drive to a Web share it doesn;t recognize my user name and pass.......I'm using AD user Account to access a web shares......

Anybody know what i have to do to be able to map drive a web share?

AD? Active Directory?

Did you make sure your user has access to web shared folders?

When you login, make sure you log in like this:
Username: DOMAIN\Username
password: yourpassword

When logging into an AD network, ALWAYS login with the DOMAIN\Username format.

Isn't a web share different from standard UNC share? I think you have to setup a regular share if Tekmavin's suggestion doesn't resolve it. You could try net view \\serverip to see if the share you want to access shows up on the server's list. If it gives you an "access denied" you probably just need to auth it like tekm said.

I'm sorry guys but none of ur suggestions helped me ...I thried everybodys and it still doesn;t work...

Isn't a web share different from standard UNC share? I think you have to setup a regular share if Tekmavin's suggestion doesn't resolve it. You could try net view \\serverip to see if the share you want to access shows up on the server's list. If it gives you an "access denied" you probably just need to auth it like tekm said.

Should be a virtual folder (?).

If the new view doesn't show the share listed, then it's definitely not using unc paths.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.