I have ME version of windows and now have the Windows PRO .

I do NOT know how to get started??? How do I install the Operating Software with out loosing my Windows ME ???

Some people say to download the Windows PRO but first UNINSTALL ME windows. THE SYSTEM WORKS MUCH BETTER. Is this true ???

NEED HELP...A BEGINNER AND A SIMPELTON WHEN IT COMES TO COMPUTERS.....HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all and any help that is offered;
Cappy2362

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you have the full instalation xp cd - just pop in into your cd drive, and start the setup. It should walk you through the process. You will lose your ME by the way - xp is going to overwrite that. Why would you try to save ME??

There is software that you can get that will allow you to do this with ease (http://www.buy-software-online.net/...os_selector.asp). I am sure that there are cheaper alternatives, though this one is the only one I have come across.

He's a beginner for Pete Sake! If you're going to get into multiple OS''s on the same drive, do not mix a fat32 and a ntfs os on the same partition - that is just asking for trouble, I dont care how good that software you listed is. At least partition the drive.

I have ME version of windows and now have the Windows PRO .

I do NOT know how to get started??? How do I install the Operating Software with out loosing my Windows ME ???

Some people say to download the Windows PRO but first UNINSTALL ME windows. THE SYSTEM WORKS MUCH BETTER. Is this true ???

NEED HELP...A BEGINNER AND A SIMPELTON WHEN IT COMES TO COMPUTERS.....HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all and any help that is offered;
Cappy2362

It is best to format you drive and install xp ,you don't need win me hanging around and causing conflicts .
Just boot to the xp cd and run the install ,you may need to change the boot sequence in Bios so cdrom boots first .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.