I'm having a continuing problem with Home XP on my laptop. I have to reinstall my personal settings after every reboot or start up. It was fine until about a week ago. My son started using the laptop day and night to chat and blog with people from all over the world. I have Norton anti-virus, spybot 1.3 and adware it always has something on it after his use but I clean it completely. Any ideas how to reinstate this personal settings feature?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would cause this problem. I hope someone else will be able to be of more help.

-note I moved this to the correct forum :)

Please explain the forums, I'm new wouldn't want to make the same mistake twice.

The 'stickied' or 'pinned' topics in the Forum Feedback and Community Introductions sections will help explain the forums :)

OK First goto microsoft.com and download Microsoft Anti Spyware aka Giant Spyware..

Then run and see if it picks up something the others have not..

Next check the permission issues on the folders them selves.

How often are users loggin on and off... reboots etc etc

Could be the profiles are never being saved to begin with...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.