Hi everyone,
I am facing a problem in windows that is I can't disable my windows firewall. Can anyone tell me how to disable a windows firewall. Waiting for reply.

With Regards,

crunchie commented: Spam -4

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Go to Start>Control Panel>Security Center>Windows Firewall. turn off firewall on the pop up window.

Remove the power cord to the computer.

commented: A fantastic option fot the OP :D +20

Hi everyone,
I am facing a problem in windows that is I can't disable my windows firewall. Can anyone tell me how to disable a windows firewall. Waiting for reply.

With Regards,

What Windows Operating System are you using?

If you are using Windows XP, go to Start --> RUN and type in firewall.cpl and click OK. Then select the off radio button and click ok.

If you are using Vista or 7, Click start --> type in to the search field Advanced windows firewall and the advanced firewall options will come up. If you like, you can turn firewall off for all profiles listed there.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Do not waste your time. The OP does not return to any threads he starts.

Disabling the Firewall Using Local Policy
1.Go to Start menu, select Run, then enter gpedit.msc.
2.Expand the Computer Configuration folder, then the Administrative Templates folder.
3.Expand the Network folder, then the Network Connections folder, then the Windows Firewall folder.
4.Select the Standard Profile folder.
5.Double-click the Windows Firewall: Protect all network connections option.
6.Select Disabled, then click OK.
7.Select the Domain Profile folder.
8.Double-click the Windows Firewall: Protect all network connections option.
9.Select Disabled, then click OK.
10.Close the Group Policy dialog box.

If your firewall cannot turn off go to advanced and see what is blocking it. Once you find what it is go to it and turn the other firewall off. should work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.