OS: Windows Vista. My problem initially began when my iTunes shortcut wouldn't open. I tried all the shortcuts and even went directly to the exe file and still nothing. At that time I was still able to access other apps/programs. Last night, I tried to open my "connect to" link in order to find a wireless hotspot and when it opened it was just a blank screen. This also occured when I opened other programs. The IE browser worked (opened and told me I didn't have internet service) but it seems like for most of the other programs, when I double click nothing happens. Any ideas what's going on?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I use to get this on my old machine, turned out in the end I had a virus.

- run virus check (malwarebytes)
- Reinstall if nothing found

Will sort your problem.

I doubt the OP wants to reinstall. And to run malwarebytes he'll probably have to run his machine in safe mode.

I use to get this on my old machine, turned out in the end I had a virus.

- run virus check (malwarebytes)
- Reinstall if nothing found

Will sort your problem.

You are right. Vista creates this problems.
Once i installed a proxy software in my pc. But it wasn't working.I tried various settings but nothing changed. At last i had to uninstall it. But alas!!!!Firefox wasn't working!!!!!!!Then i had to reinstall firefox too.
But windows 7 doesn't create these problems. It's tested.

Kurt
Abdichtarbeiten

I've seen this many time, you have some type of Virus/Spyware. Now I usually use Adaware and Malwarebytes (both which are free) to scan the computer and reboot when you're done.

Hi,

Did you download 'Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-016' update? If yes, then go to Microsoft web site and search for KB924032.

As a solution, remove that update from Control Panel. All the best!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.