Hey guys i have a problem with installing some programs, Like avira security, Pro tools LE, I get and error that reads = 'This installation Package could not be opened . Verify that the package exist and that you have access to it,or contact application vendor tp verify that this is a valid windows installer package.'
I've done that, and i've tried installing a s aministrator, and running as administrator, And no luck, So if anyone could, help or even point me in the right direction it'll be much appreciated thank you..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Povsta, there is an issue with the installation. To resolve this, you need to download and install Windows Installer Cleanup Utility tool. You can download it from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Upon running this, it will fix all the installation conflicts. Once it is done, you can continue with the installation of applications.

Maybe problem with outdated MS Installer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.