my system has vista os
the time of opening folders has increased
what should i do to bring back the normal speed although i have done disk cleanup and disfragmentation please help

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Do you have many programs running at startup? like DVD burning software, manufacture programs. You can stop some processes running at start-up that may increase the speed of your system.

Press windows key+R and type msconfig press enter and select the start-up tab and disable any unwanted programs (make sure you know you don't need then).

Download Advanced windows care for IOBit

www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

It will clean the registry, spyware and temp files on your pc. Should increase the speed. If the registry is bloated it will slow down your pc.

Follow what Xlphos has said.

Also do a virus scan, you could have a virus. Just to be safe, might be worth creating a thread here.

Cohen

this may sound basic but it worked for me and that is delete the temporary internet files if they build up they do cause problems.

check that your comouter is not running out of memory,clear temporary internet folder and check if computer needs defragmenting.

Download Advanced windows care for IOBit

www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

It will clean the registry, spyware and temp files on your pc. Should increase the speed. If the registry is bloated it will slow down your pc.

,i installand ran this program and all though it cleans well it helped none in the speed of my computer ,thank you

,i installand ran this program and all though it cleans well it helped none in the speed of my computer ,thank you

Have you run any other reg cleaner before it?

Have you run any other reg cleaner before it?

sure ,before and after ,i usually just use ccleaner for registry ,and ATF cleaner for removing temp files,

Though so. vivek01anand did not mention his registry when he said what all he had done and I do know the registry can influence the speed that programs open, which was his complaint. You keep your reg clean so it would not make a difference.

Though so. vivek01anand did not mention his registry when he said what all he had done and I do know the registry can influence the speed that programs open, which was his complaint. You keep your reg clean so it would not make a difference.

ok, now i get what you were getting at ,you are correct indeed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.