The laptop i'm using is an Acer Ferrari F0200 running on windows 7. It does not have wireless wifi link built into it. So i bought a wireless adapter: Aztech Wireless-N USB 2.0 adaptor(wireless-N WL552USB). I can't install it since the laptop doesn't have a DVD driver but just from plugging in, it is able to find a few secured network.

However, the particular network which i'm looking for pops out for a few seconds and then disappear. Even after connecting, I can't access the internet. Need some help here, thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do you have a ethernet cable so you can physically connect and install drivers? It does sound as if Windows may have already installed (generic) drivers for the device, so this may well not be the problem at hand.

The fact that the particular network you are trying to access keeps dropping out indicates a weakness in the signal; either you are to distant from the modem/router, or the modem/router may be faulty. Would need more info on the modem/router, as well as the wireless device to provide any more-detailed advice.

Do you have a ethernet cable so you can physically connect and install drivers? It does sound as if Windows may have already installed (generic) drivers for the device, so this may well not be the problem at hand.

The fact that the particular network you are trying to access keeps dropping out indicates a weakness in the signal; either you are to distant from the modem/router, or the modem/router may be faulty. Would need more info on the modem/router, as well as the wireless device to provide any more-detailed advice.

well the laptop i'm using now is able to connect to that modem/router(signal strength excellent) but the other one can't. As for details of that modem/router, it's someone's else connection who I don't even know. The wireless device was stated in the previous post. what other details about it do you need?

it's someone's else connection who I don't even know!!
You should not have said that .

OK - missed the model SKU... my bad.

But have to agree with Caperjack... asking for assistance to, I suspect illegally (the fact that have no knowledge of the device you are attempting to connect to, nor physical access to said connection point does suggest this) hook-up via someone else's modem/router.

Bye-bye!

As for details of that modem/router, it's someone's else connection who I don't even know.

No more questions on this matter thank you. What you are doing is against the law and therefore, cannot be discussed here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.