Hey, people!

Having a life-crisis here -- although I have started migrating slowly towards "cloud computing", most of my life is still stored on my PC.

Today, when I tried to log on I got the dreaded "Cannot load User Profile" message... when I am able to log on as a "guest" none of my files can be accessed. I tried to consult all sorts of help pages, but cannot decode any of the information.

Is there: a) anything that can be done to fix this? b) anything that I can do? c) do I need to take my poor old PC to some sort and pro and get this repaired them?

Many thanks for indulging me with my hysterical fit.... I go away for three months now that the academic year is over, and I am in crisis!

You will have to boot to a command prompt via the vista install cd I think choose the repair option run chkdsk at the command prompt and unhide the administrator account then try to login as admin run: net user administrator /active:yes

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.