I had a problem in windows 2003 server .I logged in the server successfully but nothing comes on the display.I tried booting in last good known ,but same .But I am able to use the server in safe mode .I had uninstalled several programs ,but of no use .Still the problem persist.
I think some program is creating problem ,but I am not able to find it.could u please hel me.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Could your screen resolution be set higher than that of your monitor can handle.

Either boot in VGA mode and correct the display settings, or uninstall the graphics driver in safe mode, and reinstall once in full mode.

Just a thought.

Could your screen resolution be set higher than that of your monitor can handle.

Either boot in VGA mode and correct the display settings, or uninstall the graphics driver in safe mode, and reinstall once in full mode.

Just a thought.

the screen supports 1280x1024. at no point will windows 2000 set a screen res higher than that unless I tell it, which I have not. I have not changed the res, AND I have tried to change it whilst in both safe mode and vga mode.

I am curious if maybe not having the kvm swicth's focus on the computer while in setup has anything to do with it. That is another commonality that I had not immediately thought of.

Thanks for the reply though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.