on my vista laptop, Toshiba, is running and everything is working just fine, but for some reasons the screen is just black or blank... im new to this & the laptop itself is not new, but it works fine until this morning and i still dont know what to do even when i tried to restart it again in the afternoon... my friend said it might be the connection between the lines, but im still not sure... and i dont know what to do with all of my personal savings on the laptop because i really need the things in there!! thanks !!

Try plugging an external screen into the laptop and see if you can get something that way. Toshiba has some history of screen failures. If you can demonstrate that it is hardware-related then you should contact Toshiba and see what they are prepared to do for you (maybe not much from what I've read). You can also try booting into safe mode and see if you get anything on the screen that way. If that works, then you probably have a setup / driver problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.