OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\092809-16567-01.dmp
C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44163-0.sysdata.xml

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

i see windows 7 crashing with some antivirus, in my case with endpoint protection i couldn't find a way around but install another one.

I need help This is what I get when I get the blue screen of death
Any help would be appreciated
I just got windows 7 I dled a mmorpg and avg anti
now i get the blue screen here is the info

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000D
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\092809-16567-01.dmp
C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44163-0.sysdata.xml

Sorry, I noticed your using the 7600 build of Win7, which is from my knowledge a torrent download and the final version of Win7 which is not yet released by MS and won't be until 10/22/09.
Don't think you'll get much help with a leaked version of Windows here.

it is not a torrent dl or a leaked version and my windows 7 has legit key to it--it is not available retail until that date --companies can get it now from microsoft--thru the proper channels

Sorry, I noticed your using the 7600 build of Win7, which is from my knowledge a torrent download and the final version of Win7 which is not yet released by MS and won't be until 10/22/09.
Don't think you'll get much help with a leaked version of Windows here.

Here is the info on it--called a RTM--just so you can educate yourself
This thread is for final Windows 7 RTM (Released To Manufacturing) consolidated information and frequently asked questions.Please have a look at this thread for your question. If you have any questions or suggestions for more things to add,please leave a reply in here and i will add them to the list.

1.What is RTM, GA, Retail, and OEM?

RTM is when the code is completed and signed off. GA, or general availability, is when that RTM'ed code is finally made available to the general public. Even though there is a full three months between RTM and GA, there is no difference between the RTM code and what you get when you get Windows at GA. The RTM bits are the GA bits. RTM is "we're done with the code", and GA is "we're done with the packaging, distribution, marketing, etc., and are read to sell it".

When GA comes, you can get Windows in two flavors: retail, which is what you buy at a store, is a less restrictive license (you can transfer it between machines, as long as only one machine is activated at a time), and you are entitled to support from Microsoft. OEM is a cheaper license, that you get when you get Windows bundled with a PC or if you buy a "system builder" copy from places like Newegg. OEM is cheaper because it's locked to a system (you can't transfer your license to another machine), and you are not entitled to tech support (the person who built your computer is responsible). There are also multiple types of OEM licenses, like SLP (used by "royalty" OEMs) and regular (what you get if you build your own).

2. When is Windows 7 being released?
Windows 7 was RTM'ed (Released To Manufacturing; this means that the code is final, and all the teams have signed off on it) on 2009/07/22. The first people to get the official build will be the "royalty OEMs" (the big manufacturers, like Dell, HP, or Sony), on 2009/07/24. After that, MSDN and TechNet subscribers will get it on 2009/08/06. Windows 7 will continue to dribble out to various special groups like Microsoft partners and volume licensing customers (governments, corporations, or other large organizations). General availability, which would include Windows bundled on PCs, retail copies, preorders, and OEM copies that you buy from Newegg will be 2009/10/22.

3. What is the final RTM build number?

The final build is 6.1.7600.16385, built on 2009/07/13 at 12:55 PDT.

4.Which version of Windows 7 is currently available?

Windows 7 RC ( Release Candidate ) is the current officially available version although a lot of internal builds have leaked after that. Windows 7 RC is still available for download from Microsoft.

5.When will Microsoft Partners, OEMs and businesses get Windows 7?

-ISV (Independent software vendor) and IHV (Independent hardware vendor) Partners will be able to download Windows 7 RTM from Microsoft Connect or MSDN on August 6th.

-Microsoft Partner Program Gold/Certified Members will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English through the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) Portal on August 16th. By October 1st, the remaining languages will become available to download.

-Microsoft Action Pack Subscribers will be about to download Windows 7 RTM in English starting August 23rd. By October 1st, the remaining languages will become available to download.

-OEMs will receive Windows 7 RTM software images beginning approximately 2 days after we officially RTM, as a little time is required to release and distribute these images.

-For Business Customers: Volume License (VL) customers with an existing Software Assurance (SA) license will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English starting August 7th via the Volume License Service Center (VLSC). The rest of the languages for Windows 7 RTM should be available within a couple of weeks after that.

6.When will MSDN and TechNet subscribers get Windows 7?

MSDN and TechNet subscribers will get Windows 7 RTM on 6th August.

7.What is Windows 7 Family Pack?

Windows 7 Family Pack will allow users to install Windows 7 Home Premium (in selected markets) on up to 3 PCs at an expected price of less than $150.

8.Should I get a 32 bit copy of Windows 7 or 64 bit?

If you’re a novice user, I suggest you get the 32 bit version or stay with the version of Windows 7 you’ll get pre installed on your new machine since 64 bit has some rare compatibility issues that can be troubling unless you are capable of troubleshooting.

If you’re an experienced user and have more than 4 GB RAM and the processor to support a 64 bit OS, you should go for Windows 7 64 bit as it’ll provide better performance and stability specially in number crunching tasks.

9.How do I buy Windows 7?

Windows 7 can be pre-ordered from the Microsoft Store or from Amazon. Or you can buy a copy from a store after 22nd October. You’ll also get a copy of Windows 7 preinstalled if you buy a Windows 7 PC after 22nd October.

10.Is it better than Windows Vista?

Indeed. It fixes a lot of performance issues that were present in Vista. It also improves on features that were first introduced in Vista. Development of Windows 7 has been based on feedback from users.

11.Is it better than Windows XP?

Yes. It’s way better than Windows XP and provides a lot of new and improved functionality that just wasn’t present in Windows XP.

12.Why should I get Windows 7?

Windows 7 comes with new features that make it easier to get your work done faster. It handles media much better than previous version of Windows as well as provide superior performance. It provides better security as well. Check out all the new features here.

13.Which edition of Windows 7 should I get?

If you’re a home user or a student, Home Premium is the best version of Windows 7 for you. If you’re a developer or a business user, Professional is a better choice. If you’re looking for all the features of Home Premium and Professional, you should get Professional. Windows 7 Ultimate provides BitLocker and a choice of 35 language packs along with all the features of Professional. Check out the comparison chart of different Windows 7 editions.

14.How much does Windows 7 cost?

Here are the estimated retail upgrade prices of Windows 7:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99

And the estimated prices for full versions are:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99

15.What is Windows 7 E?

Windows 7 E will ship in Europe without a browser due to EU legalities. A browser will be provided by the PC manufacturer on a CD or DVD or pre-installed by them on the PC.

16.What is Windows 7 N?

Windows 7 N is similar to E but it doesn’t include Windows Media Player – again due to EU legalities.

17.What are the hardware requirements for Windows 7?

1 GHz processor (32- or 64-bit)
1 GB of RAM (32-bit); 2 GB of RAM (64-bit)
16 GB of available disk space (32-bit); 20 GB of available disk space (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

18.Will Windows 7 work with my hardware?

If Windows Vista worked on your PC or notebook, Windows 7 will run much faster on it. It is compatible with all your current hardware. In most cases it doesn’t even require you to manually install the driver, as it downloads them automatically from Windows Update.You can download and run Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if your PC is ready for Windows 7.

19.Can I run Windows 7 on my netbook?

It should run well on your netbook if it matches the requirements for Windows 7. To find out how it’ll perform, you can try installing Windows 7 RC on it.

20.Will my current software work with Windows 7?

Most software should work fine with Windows 7. Some might require updates from their developers, but during Windows 7 testing, most developers and companies have updated their software. By launch, you shouldn’t have any compatibility issues with your software if it’s developed by a responsible company or developer.

21.Why 7600 is final build number?

The Windows client (consumer) folks like to play games with build numbers. Windows 98 was build 1998, Windows XP was build 2600 (which Microsoft specifically targeted as a nod to the hacker community), and Vista was 6000. The non-consumer Windows folks are less keen on number games. Every NT up to and including Windows 2000 was just the build number that they happened to be at, and Windows 2003 was 3790; after 2003, the client and server groups synced up, and now all the build numbers are cute and round. Also, starting with Windows Vista, the lower 4 bits of the build number is now reserved for the service pack (according to a rumor that a Microsoft employee subsequently confirmed over at another forum), which means that the final build number must have the lower 4 bits clear--put in other words, the final build number must be a multiple of 16. And since they also want the number to look pretty (multiple of 100), this meant that the final build number had to be a multiple of 400 (LCM of 16 and 100). Rumor has it that Microsoft originally wanted 7200 to be RTM, but they overshot it, so now we have 7600 as RTM. The multiple-of-16 is why it's not going to be 7700 or 7777 or anything like that.

22.What if Microsoft finds bugs between RTM and GA?

Any bug fixes made after RTM will be released in the form of a hotfix that you can get through Windows update. Since there is a lot of time between RTM and GA, it is likely that when you install Windows 7 on October 22, you will be greeted by a long list of updates to install from Windows Update.

it is not a torrent dl or a leaked version and my windows 7 has legit key to it--it is not available retail until that date --companies can get it now from microsoft--thru the proper channels

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers dude and I'm fully aware of RTM, GA, Retail and OEM and what they are.
RTM (Released to Manufacturers), not released to the General Public.
Retail, released to the General Public, which will not happen until 10/22/09
OEM are usually offered to system builders and come with several severe disadvantages that include no upgrade option (only clean installs), no Microsoft support, no boxed version of the operating system and no option to transfer to another PC.

Taken from your post

General availability, which would include Windows bundled on PCs, retail copies, preorders, and OEM copies that you buy from Newegg will be 2009/10/22.

So, if you're a manufacturer, my apologies.

OK - cool the heads here guys.

Orion - what is the actual error code displayed on the actual BSOD itself... I'm assuming the list "7F" is truncated for 0x00007F but just want to be sure. Also are you using x86 or 64 Win7??

Now, if counting on AVG to keep system safe, you'll be sorely disappointed - that AV tends to have more issues than it's worth.

Also, the game you DL'd - was that from a trusted source, and is it compatible with Win7 (especially poignant if using Win7 x64). Is it only BSOD'ing when trying to run game, or more frequently. If the latter, what commonly precipitates the crashes?

In short, you really need to provide more info for us to help.

Just to add my two cents...

I can get Windows 7 RTM (final edition) - (legally) via MSDN Academic Alliance.

And yeah, dont use AVG. AVG killed my install of the release candidate of Server 2008.

Is that available for actual DL now, or a pre-release booking?

Is that available for actual DL now, or a pre-release booking?

Download. Its the final version. Available now.

From the news page on ELMS

Windows 7 Professional-English (32 bit and 64bit) is now available in ELMS
2009-08-14

Use the product search drop-down to download Windows 7. Unable to locate Windows 7? Contact your Program Administrator.

Screenshot of DL page:

It happens whenever I try to play Rappelz (online mmorpg)
Last night my wife tried to use hulu and it crashed
and certain things on facebook makes it crash as well
It shouldnt be the 2900 amd vid card it worked fine with xp
I'm thinking as well that we have another partition on my same hard drive with xp that might be causing it--not sure
but if you say to rip avg off my machine I will---do you have a recommendation for a anti virus and firewall to use. I like bit defender game safe but not sure if it will work with win 7

OK - cool the heads here guys.

Orion - what is the actual error code displayed on the actual BSOD itself... I'm assuming the list "7F" is truncated for 0x00007F but just want to be sure. Also are you using x86 or 64 Win7??

Now, if counting on AVG to keep system safe, you'll be sorely disappointed - that AV tends to have more issues than it's worth.

Also, the game you DL'd - was that from a trusted source, and is it compatible with Win7 (especially poignant if using Win7 x64). Is it only BSOD'ing when trying to run game, or more frequently. If the latter, what commonly precipitates the crashes?

In short, you really need to provide more info for us to help.

You have the error right and it is the ultimate edition legal copy from tech (RTM) I believe it is the 64 trying to get a hold of my software tech to double check---also I dled avg from web site but your saying avg suxs---soo I'm thinking to go back to bit defender or zone alarm---gotta find out who is compatible any help would be good other wise I'm ripping winx 7 off my machine and going back to xp (never had problems with xp)

Have been using Comodo's free offering, but you might find the system protection a little verbose.

Also, Avast and Avira both offer excellent free offerings. All three x64 Win7 compatible :)

Now as to Vid Card, are you using the latest drivers for Win7 - with some of the AMD cards, older Vista drivers are know for causing blue-screens.

Will hold of on further advice till get an answer on that one and know whether or not we are dealing with x64.

Hello i need help !!

I'm German and my english isn't so good

I have blue scrren when i played i have a photo but i dont know how to upload this

my fail is BCCode: 7f BCP1: 0000000D BCP2: 00000000 BCP3: 00000000 BCP4: 00000000 OS Version: 6_1_7600 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.