I saved this website on my desktop and with it a folder was saved on my desktop as well. the format i saved it in was in webpage complete(*htm, *html) . now im tryin to delete the folder and it wont go away. the error message says that its being used by another person or program. i deleted all the files inside the folder and even found a system file in it which was hidden (called thumbs :eek: ) and deleted that too.
but it still wont go away. does anyone know if this is harmful to my pc and how i can get rid of this folder? :?: i appreciat any help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I saved this website on my desktop and with it a folder was saved on my desktop as well. the format i saved it in was in webpage complete(*htm, *html) . now im tryin to delete the folder and it wont go away. the error message says that its being used by another person or program. i deleted all the files inside the folder and even found a system file in it which was hidden (called thumbs :eek: ) and deleted that too.
but it still wont go away. does anyone know if this is harmful to my pc and how i can get rid of this folder? :?: i appreciat any help.

when this happends to me i boot in safe mode to delete it. You might want to try that :idea:

Usually this type of file can be deleted in the safe mode as previously posted, but if you still can't delete this file you may be infected. Have you scanned this file with your AV and spyware & adware programs?
If you need help getting into the safe mode let us know.

It's probably not a virus, but ya never know :)

On your desktop, you should have the folder that you created along with a .htm file of the same name.

You don't have the .htm currently open or used in a shortcut or anything do you?

I assume, you've already done the basic part of logging off and back on and trying to delete the file and folder, and/or rebooting and doing the same steps...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.