I have a custom build PC with Windows XP and SP2. The computer was working fine for about a week until one day I switched it on and it bleeped three times. After checking the manual I think that it was a Memory problem. I switched it on again and it seemed to work.

The problem now is since then I have had a few BSOD (blue screen of death) but yet windows would eventually load. Now after i open a program eventually I will get a Windows Send Error Report. For example when playing songs on Windows Media Player after a while it will come up.

Its a real strange problem but its really annoying, especially since the computer is brand new and was working just fine. I am more than happy to expand on specific parts of this post if I havent made myself clear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nick :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

maybe a heating/powersupply issue?

Does this sound like the right symptons for it and would your therefore recommend a new power supply or do you think that perhaps it could be my copy of XP or my motherboard?

Thanks so far

Does this sound like the right symptons for it and would your therefore recommend a new power supply or do you think that perhaps it could be my copy of XP or my motherboard?

Thanks so far

well the beeps are deffinatly not windows related, thats something wrong with the hardware, but it sounds like you fixed that by reseeding the ram modules, however the blue screens of death could be that you powersupply wasnt deleriving enough power at a certain instant, or it could also be windows problem...you might benifit from a reinstall of windows, however if i were you i would do a windows repair first.

A reinstall of windows has not fixed the problem. I will swap with a different power supply and try reinstall windows again. What does a windows repair mean and how do I do it?

Thank you

Can you supply us with your computer specs ?? I mean the hardware part ....

Its an AMD Athlon 3200+ (2.2Ghz) 1024 DDR RAM. 160 gig hard drive, 128 mb graphics. Its an MSI motherboard. All relevant drivers are installed. Its a 350w power supply if that helps in any way. As ive mentioned its Windows XP service pack 2 :)

Tried changing the power supply but still no luck. Any other ideas? I hope supplying my specs have helped.

The error message that I get are like this...

[IMG]http://motorsport4u.s5.com/error.JPG[/IMG]

(This is the Dont Send/Send Error report box. I clicked on the view more button)

i cant see your picture...but if you could tell us the error details for example the tag line with all of the 0's and then whats after that i might be able to help you some more

Stupid free hosting lol!!!

The picture had this info...

Error signature

BCCode : d0000144 BCP1 : C0000005 BCP : 0013FCE8 BCP : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product 256_1

Hope that helps :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.