A firend of mine was running Win95 on an old computer, mainly for a old RC Flightsim he liked. Well his former girlfriend deleted his windows directory and the main directory for his RC flightsim. All he has done since then is try to boot up the computer. Is there any hope of restoring these deleted directories?? Maybe an old dos program or diskeditor?? Maybe someone can steer me to some web resources suited for this task. We can reinstall win95 but he will lose all his customized flightsim stuff and that is the point of saving the old install...
Thanks for the help all!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you can still boot up, this program may work:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

If you can't boot up, you can put the drive in another computer as a slave and use the same program to retrieve the data.

A firend of mine was running Win95 on an old computer, mainly for a old RC Flightsim he liked. Well his former girlfriend deleted his windows directory and the main directory for his RC flightsim. All he has done since then is try to boot up the computer. Is there any hope of restoring these deleted directories?? Maybe an old dos program or diskeditor?? Maybe someone can steer me to some web resources suited for this task. We can reinstall win95 but he will lose all his customized flightsim stuff and that is the point of saving the old install...

www.google.com gives you a whole load of directions to get to undelete.exe which is a brilliant undeletion tool, however, has one probem, lists all the files deleted, be they wanted or not (likely like the girlfriend:sad: )and gives them with queer names. Norton, older version which is still available in Asia, has a unerase.exe file which gives you the file with its first letter removed and wheher it can be restored or not, but you need to know what the original file name was.. Thanks

Hello! www.google.com has a very nice display of all the undelete file websites that you can find, however, undelete.com is the best of the not so good bunch because they give you all the files deleted from your hard disk (needed or not, likethe girlfriend:rolleyes: ) and no options on whether they can be undeleted or not. However, Norton Utilities which has unerase.exe and is still available in some software shops (t least they do in Asia) does a very good of undeleting deleted files by allowing you the option of placing the first letter of the file name.. however, you must know the names of your files to undelete them. The deletion process takes the first letter of the deleted file, away.. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.