I have a problem when I'm attempting to access one particular web site (which happens to be my own).

It's basically giving my a file download dialog box wanting me to "open the file at it's current location" or "save file to disk" no matter how I try to get to it.

Whether I use a link on another site or type the url directly into the address bar I get the file download box.

I've cleared temp files and cookies, after which I can get to it once. But if I try to go back, I get the download box. I can usually access every page of the site once, after which I will get the download box for any page I've been to.

I also have firefox on this pc (win2k) and I can get to my website fine using it.

I can also access any other web page, no problem, so I don't know what going on.

I did some searching and I came up on a patch from the MS KB q313675.exe http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313675&sd=tech but got an error saying "This update requires Internet Explorer 6.0 to be installed" when I tried to install it, which I don't understand because I DO have IE 6.0 sp1 installed.

So I don't know if the patch would fix the problem or not. And right now, I don't know what else to do.

You can go ahead and solve this one.

It was a problem with my .htaccess file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.