I have a Dell 4100 o/s windows XP laptop & a Dell desktop with XP. The laptop doesn't show this manufacturer (Argus) it had been installed on the desktop. Then one day I tried to download adobe reader & the system went down.

The camera is compatible but I can't recall how I installed it before. The drivers & unzipped files are all in the same folder. The device manager is something I'm not familiar with but I'm ready to learn. There is no cd, I downloaded the drivers from the website.

The installation wizard keeps making me backtrack because the Argus name is not listed.

What is a CF card?

Any Assistance will be greatly appreciated,

Myys

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Do you have anything with a question mark or exclamation piont in the Device manager? I believe a CF card would be Compact Flash. Maybe Windows is detecting your camera as a Compact Flash card? Either way if you extracted the files to a folder then when it asks you if you want to install drivers for the hardware you should be able to choose "Don't search, I will choose..." and choose "Show all devices" then click "Have Disk" and browse to where you extracted the files...hopefully the right .inf file is there and it will be able to install the camera for you.

Thank you for your help!!! ....the camera is working!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!

Yeah, but what do you do if you lose the disk used to intall it? I have this problem. I was given the camera from one of my friends. He had the program installed on his pc, but lost the list. Can anyone help?

Yeah, but what do you do if you lose the disk used to intall it? I have this problem. I was given the camera from one of my friends. He had the program installed on his pc, but lost the list. Can anyone help?

go to the manufactors website and download the driver for it .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.