One of my machines is really slow to load IE, it seems to always open with some sort of advertisement window and has a strange toolbar that I do not know what it is. When I look in the list of toolbars under the view menu there are four checked: Standard, Address Bar, Links and one that has no description. I am familiar with the three of them but not then "no name" toolbar. I am not able to uncheck the "no name" toolbar.

I downloaded and ran Spybot and cleared out a bunch of crud this morning. I uninstalled Webshots, which seemed to be causing problems. I am planning to download and run AdAware this afternoon when my user goes for lunch. Any other thoughts or courses of action that I should be taking?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well, AdAware detected and assisted in removing another tonne of crud. Included in this crud is Huntbar and Hotbar and their associated crap files. I have two items in the Add/Remove Programs list, SearchTools and Shopper Resources (somthing) that I cannot remove. They just keep reappearing. From my home computer experience I was planning on running Hijack This but can't find a download. It appears TomCoyote's account is terminated. Can anyone help with a download site that works?

Well, AdAware detected and assisted in removing another tonne of crud. Included in this crud is Huntbar and Hotbar and their associated crap files. I have two items in the Add/Remove Programs list, SearchTools and Shopper Resources (somthing) that I cannot remove. They just keep reappearing. From my home computer experience I was planning on running Hijack This but can't find a download. It appears TomCoyote's account is terminated. Can anyone help with a download site that works?

I think Tom Coyotes is either under another DDOS Attach, or is going back to orignal server .

Thanks. I just found that out by checking out CEXX.

Guess I'll just patiently wait or see if I can get a useable copy off my home computer for here at work. If I manage to get a HJT log do you prefer that I use the other site to find someone to help me interpret it, or do you mind if I post here?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.