Okay heres the situation, when the screen gets to the main screen, the only thing that shows is my background. My desktop is blank, theres no icons, no start menu, no task bars, and i cant right-click. If I alt + ctrl + del, i can open explorer.exe but its a folder. From there I can access anything. And if I run it in safe mode, its the same thing, only my background shows.

Thanks,
Allan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

doesnt seem to be a system corruption but a script running around the internet. A few people have gotten the same issue including myself.

boot to safe mode,and if icons are there>start>run>msconfig>put check beside selective startup on general page>click on startup tab>uncheck ipmon32>apply>close>restart>done.

You can try a repair installation of windows xp. This is not the recovery console, after that screen you get another repair option you need to try that. That should solve the issue

Okay heres the situation, when the screen gets to the main screen, the only thing that shows is my background. My desktop is blank, theres no icons, no start menu, no task bars, and i cant right-click. If I alt + ctrl + del, i can open explorer.exe but its a folder. From there I can access anything. And if I run it in safe mode, its the same thing, only my background shows.

Thanks,
Allan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.