:o

I have a "Cordless Mouseman Optical" and "Logitech Cordless Keyboard".

Both work fine under Linux (and indeed in GRUB/DOS/BIOS) - I'm posting this from Ubuntu.

But under WinXP, the keyboard no longer works - tried removing drivers, reinslling CD, downloading new drivers, leaving bateries out, connect button many times, but as soon as I press a key on the keyboard, even the mouse freezes up. The computer is still fine - if I plug in my handheld, windows connects to it etc.

Anyone seen this before?

Gettin' desperate!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Uninstall all drivers and software which might relate to previous keyboards or mice which have been installed.

When removing the devices from Device Manager, make sure you check 'Show hidden devices' to see if entries of 'phantom' devices exist and remove those which do.

Uninstall all drivers and software which might relate to previous keyboards or mice which have been installed.

When removing the devices from Device Manager, make sure you check 'Show hidden devices' to see if entries of 'phantom' devices exist and remove those which do.

Tried that, but forgot about the hidden option, will try again.

More info -

There is an I/O conflict (Obviously both these devices use the one wireless receiver - is that normal?):

Under Logitech Compatible Mouse PS/2:
Input/Output Range 0060-0060 used by Easy Internet Keyboard
Input/Output Range 0064-0064 used by Easy Internet Keyboard

Under Easy Internet Keyboard
Input/Output Range 0060-0060 used by Logitech Compatible Mouse PS/2
Input/Output Range 0064-0064 used by Logitech Compatible Mouse PS/2

But will go and try that above...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.