ok i know where to get themes now but do i have to have a program that is constantly running in order for the theme to stay or is there no way around that?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

ok i know where to get themes now but do i have to have a program that is constantly running in order for the theme to stay or is there no way around that?

Probably....what do you use, DesktopX? For everything but the original windows themes, yes.

check on the neowin.net forums for a uxtheme.dll patcher that allows you to apply msstyles without having to use stylexp. the patch is also on the stylexp site ;)

ok i downloaded uxtheme.dllwhat do i need for it to run? what does it do?

ok i downloaded uxtheme.dllwhat do i need for it to run? what does it do?

you dont need anything to run it. it should be a self executing program that patches uxtheme.dll that allows you to use msstyles w/o having to have stylexp installed, or running at all. you might have to go into safe mode to succesfully patch uxtheme.dll. once you have done so, create a folder in c:\windows\resources\themes\ and place the files for the visual style you have downloaded into it's own folder. once you have done so, go to your display properties, click the appearance tab, then select the desired theme from the drop down menu under "windows and buttons"

that didnt work, i patched it with that thing and restartede, created c: windows rescources themese put a theme in there and went to the apperance tab then to that pull down menu and i selected it but it just loaded windwo blinds (theme running program)

that didnt work, i patched it with that thing and restartede, created c: windows rescources themese put a theme in there and went to the apperance tab then to that pull down menu and i selected it but it just loaded windwo blinds (theme running program)

uninstall windows blinds, then try to apply the theme. if that doesnt work, repatch the uxtheme.dll and then apply visual style.

i cant get the theme to show up on the list even tho i uninstalled window blinds and put it in the c windows rescources themes folder

you created a seperate folder for the theme correct?

are you patching in safe mode?

no i didnt patch it in safe mode how do i run safe mode?

so if the theme is called "x" then i should creat C:/windows/rescources/themes/x

is this right?

no i didnt patch it in safe mode how do i run safe mode?

so if the theme is called "x" then i should creat C:/windows/rescources/themes/x

is this right?

yes

From the Windows Start menu, go to Turn off computer and click Restart.

As the computer restarts, watch for a progress bar at the bottom of the screen. press F8 about once every second.

Immediately press F8 before the progress bar reaches the right side of the screen.

From the Windows Start-up menu,(you may have to press F8 to see this) highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.

Wait for your desktop to appear, and then make the necessary repairs (for example, uninstall programs or devices).

When the repairs are done, restart the computer, and allow it to boot normally

it still didnt work i booted in safe mode and installed the patch again and no dice

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.