hi guys. I just want to know why some people say that google is faster among other internet browsers?

Recommended Answers

All 83 Replies

from who? but i prefer Firefox.

don't like google. i am using Firefox

Well, I said it right here on DaniWeb in the "Web browser speed test: Chrome, Firefox, IE9, Opera and Safari head-to-head" speed test ratings piece that we produced last month.

If you want to know why it was fastest, I suggest you go and read that comparative speed test which dropped JavaScript benchmarking for real world usage testing. It makes for interesting reading...

Well no doubt that Google Chrome is really the fastest browser right now. But the fastest browser doesn't mean that its the best.

Chrome is fast but its also troublesome in someways. Chrome loads fast whenever the site you're entering provides fast servers then definitely chrome will quickly load. But when it comes to sites that has slower servers then chrome ends it up. It oftenly says "Ooops google chrome cannot find etc..." even though you have a good internet connection.

Google Chrome cannot wait! That's the big issue. Whenever it didn't get the required speed of loading then you will end up in loading failed! And so you'll have to refresh it over and over again.

Other browsers may not be the fastest but they work well and they can wait. Less loading fail issue.

Right now I'm using Maxthon browser , its an advanced type of IE. it may not be yet perfect but it works well with me. Try it, its definitely better than IE.

Member Avatar for Swordstech

I think Mozilla Firefox is the fastest. It loads the webpages 700% faster than other browsers in my computer.

I think Mozilla Firefox is the fastest. It loads the webpages 700% faster than other browsers in my computer.

Would you like to back these claims up?

I doubt it :D

We cant say google is the fastest. Even Firefox is equally good as Chrome. But there are few extra features in Chrome which is not available at Firefox.

Google Chrome is fast, but it is annoying to some extent. Browser loads fast, when you enter the site to provide the absolute speed of the server if Chrome will load quickly. But when it comes to the site have slow servers, and then finally chromium. Google browser can not find the other even if you have a good Internet connection.

I think Mozilla is faster internet browser : )

I think................you're wrong :)

Sorry, but I haven't a clue as to what you mean rockersmith!

i think Chrome and firefox are both same... i use both

According to me, Chrome is quick but its also troublesome in someways. Chrome loads quick whenever the site youre entering provides quick servers then definitely chrome will quickly load. It loads the webpages 700percent faster than other browsers in my computer.

commented: sig spammer -3

Can you stop posting in old thread. Second thing, i have to disagree with you that Chrome is the fastest. Sure it is good but it is not the fastest.

ie9 uses so much memory

This wasn't old enough and it doesn't need to be ended up as solved anyway. It's merely a discussion for best fast browser.

@Jingda
sorry jingda but i have to agree chrome is the fastest one... for quick load and browse but i didn't say it was the best one yet.

I've tested the most used browser in various PC's with different OS's and all what I could say for Chrome is, fast but dangerous. It clearly just load everything including annoying ads just like IE does... So avoid using chrome if you're doing some confidental stuff...

This wasn't old enough and it doesn't need to be ended up as solved anyway. It's merely a discussion for best fast browser.

After 3 months old, it is certainly considered one.

@Jingda
sorry jingda but i have to agree chrome is the fastest one... for quick load and browse but i didn't say it was the best one yet.

I've tested the most used browser in various PC's with different OS's and all what I could say for Chrome is, fast but dangerous. It clearly just load everything including annoying ads just like IE does... So avoid using chrome if you're doing some confidental stuff...

Opera is fast too. It really have to depends on one's user taste.

Well, I said it right here on DaniWeb in the "Web browser speed test: Chrome, Firefox, IE9, Opera and Safari head-to-head" speed test ratings piece that we produced last month.

If you want to know why it was fastest, I suggest you go and read that comparative speed test which dropped JavaScript benchmarking for real world usage testing. It makes for interesting reading...

From this post I determined that chrome is fast, but the new Opera has a turbo option, in which it loads pages faster, because it renders the images at a lower quality, so if you are using your web browser mostly for research then you would most likely benefit from using Opera.

Turbo only cuts in though when it detects a poor connection.

At the bottom left there are a list of icons. One of them is the turbo icon (mine the the right one). When you click it you can chose to enable turbo. if you do the web pages will load faster. I just went to youtube and clicked on a random video and it didn't load automatically. Turbo stopped it. It seems that if you enable it then you can use it. Opera only points it out when you have a slow connection though.

Opera only points it out when you have a slow connection though.

Thats what I said :). Unless you have a slow connection, turbo remains disabled.

Google is not a fast browser but it is good. It does allow so many plugins

For me Mozilla Firefox is faster than Google Chrome and Firefox is user friendly and it has more security features than the Google Chrome.

i had some issues with google chrome some time ago, where i wanted to open a webpage, like facebook and it froze, later saying could not display page or something. Changed to firefox and it all worked like a charm

All browsers are relatively fast no one would bother to time the speed of the browser to load facebook page. Google Chrome is able to open more tabs than any other browser.Firefox crash easily when there are too many tabs. But firefox is more secure than chrome, chrome has glitches in its private browsing mode. Opera is special. Just ask Crunchie for that. IE is a classic and many people are used to using that browser for a long time.

If you haven't notice. Opening new tab in google chrome also took some free space with a new process in RAM as well unlike Firefox or Opera.

Open up multiple tabs and check your Task Manager, then you can see how many process chrome is running...

Basically if older computer that have maybe 1GB RAM or lower, might as well stay away from Google Chrome...

What you said is true, but chrome browser crash less on an average basis, still i am not entirely a chrome fan. Firefox for me!:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.