I've been using Chrome for most of the past year, and generally I like it. It is more stable than FF and others because each tab/window/connection is in a separate process, so if it crashes, only that page is down, not the entire browser. As for speed, the mark 1 eyeball tests tells me that Chrome and Firefox (current versions) are about on par with each other.

I use Firefox.It has more features,good add-ons, and plug-ins.I don't like chrome because of how pages are loaded, some don't work, and it very often just shows a blank screen for me.

Google is best because what ever happens but it strictly follows the norms and regulations ......so it is always refined and pure

commented: Useless sig spammer. -3

With my experience I can say that Chrome is the fastest browser. No doubt. But the new update of firefox (7) is also great.

Actually the worlds fastest browser at the moment is Opera but you must read the entire reason before denying. Versions of Opera before 10.10 were terribly slow in comparison to todays browser standard and when Google Chrome came out Opera was up to 10.09 and probably beta too. So that meant when all of those comparisons were done during the time of the Google Chrome launch period it shows Operas older slower version. But 3 or 4 months later Opera released version 10.10 beating Google Chrome and very few headlines were made about this because browser wars had already made news recently. So when you search for a comparison of browsers generally you will see a comparison from BEFORE opera became 10.10+ (the speedy version) which is when the influx of articles occurred. So if you want a true comparison dig hard and get an up to date version with the latest browser versions and you will see that Opera is truly the fastest when comparing the latest version of each browser instead of comparing selected versions of each browser.
http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-10452292-12.html?tag=mncol;1n

Opera is up to 11.51 now and that article came out at the start of the year :)

Opera is up to 11.51 now and that article came out at the start of the year :)

Well the Google Chrome articles came out of date before that and that's what I'm highlighting.

I don't disagree with you. Just saying.

I've been an Opera user for years.

I don't disagree with you. Just saying.

I've been an Opera user for years.

I don't disagree with that but I just shortened my post for those who can't read a whole paragraph of text. :)

latest firefox is also perfect. Opera used to be my best browser but at some point, i did not like the way it loads pages from cache when you try to start it up especially with the latest opera 11.51

Chrome is a memory hog

Memory is there to be used :)

And you can always buy more memory. Why not enjoy the full benefits of the 24GB ram capacity a standard motherboard can hold. Why cat back to 1GB or 2GB? Is beyond me why people do.

And you can always buy more memory...

While it's true RAM is cheap as chips, installing 24 GB isn't an option for everyone. What about netbook users, or desktop users with 32-bit systems? :icon_rolleyes:

FireFox seems to work fine on my Intel Atom N450 powered netbook, with 1 GB or memory. Anyone tried Chrome or Opera on a netbook?

While it's true RAM is cheap as chips, installing 24 GB isn't an option for everyone. What about netbook users, or desktop users with 32-bit systems? :icon_rolleyes:

FireFox seems to work fine on my Intel Atom N450 powered netbook, with 1 GB or memory. Anyone tried Chrome or Opera on a netbook?

I'm sure there's an app for that :)

I'm sure there's an app for that

And how many users know about the app? Am sure if you knew, you would have mentioned one.

And how many users know about the app? Am sure if you knew, you would have mentioned one.

Ok. Here is an app for google chrome on the google android.

cwarn23,

Thanks for your link. Is it an app or just a theme?

Anyway, will this app help me install 24 GB into a 32-bit system, so I can surf the net with Internet Explorer?

I wonder if there's been a misunderstanding somewhere? ;)

Well the Google android comes with a browser but there is an app to convert that browser into the Google Chrome browser. And no you don't have 24GB of Ram but it proves that Google Chrome can run with ~1GB of ram even though it's a memory hog. ;)

Firstly, apologies for my lack of knowledge about Android. It sounds like an excellent OS, but I just can't bring myself to dispose of a working 2G phone. It's like a faithful old pet that you know is on it's last legs.

Anyway, applying a theme that turns one browser into another doesn't sound quite right to me...

Certainly, both Chrome and Android share the same HTML rendering engine, WebKit. Android also makes use of Chrome's excellent JavaScript engine. And why not - it seems to be the fastest one around at the moment. But does that really make the two browsers the same? I suspect there may be more to it than that.

It might be interesting to know what the memory footprint of each browser is, rather than saying this browser or that is a memory hog. I'd do this myself, but I'd have to uninstall all my plug-ins, for which I'm too lazy!

Does anyone here know the meaning of memory hog?

A pig that can find it's way home?

When I mean memory hog i mean that chrome takes up 30 mb more space than firefox, that's all;) And you guys start talking about ram. Lol

RAM = memory :)

According to my knowledge,Google provides relevant information for your search.I think 90 percent of internet users use Google as the best browser.

According to my knowledge,Google provides relevant information for your search.I think 90 percent of internet users use Google as the best browser.

i think you are confusing Google's search engine,with Googles' Chrome browser

Member Avatar for Swordstech

Would you like to back these claims up?

I'm very sorry... This is a mistake... Why did I post such a thing... Firefox is slow.. it hangs up often...

From what I think, more than 90% of your points are wrong. lol

According to my knowledge,

Am happy you said your knowledge and not the generally accepted one.

Google provides relevant information for your search.I think 90 percent of internet users use Google as the best browser.

Talking about Google for relevant information, did you mean Google search engine or Google chrome? am kind of confused here. Because Google search engine providing relevant information does not guaranty that 90% of internet users would use Google chrome(Would that be a compensation?)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.