Hello people,

Every time i run windows explorer my computer totaly freezes up, and locks down at 100% cpu usege.! So every time i have to end explorer.exe in task manager. then my comp usege goes back to 15% .

I didnt install anything new onto my comp that would cause it to do this or make any changes to my sys settings.! My norton anti-virus shuts down aswell. So i dont know whats going on .

Im running Windows XP Pro,
Norton Anti-Virus 2004
Cpu speed 700 mhz

Hello people,

Every time i run windows explorer my computer totaly freezes up, and locks down at 100% cpu usege.! So every time i have to end explorer.exe in task manager. then my comp usege goes back to 15% .

I didnt install anything new onto my comp that would cause it to do this or make any changes to my sys settings.! My norton anti-virus shuts down aswell. So i dont know whats going on .

Im running Windows XP Pro,
Norton Anti-Virus 2004
Cpu speed 700 mhz

First thing I would do is get two programs, Ad-aware & spybot S&D. Once installed you need to update them on the net. Once done start Ad-aware & make sure you have in scan within archives selected. You must place a check in the box along side any spyware it finds.
Then run Spybot & do the same.
Within Spybot you can download a program called spywareblaster, do that & update it once installed. This prevents spyware from being installed.
Try that & report back please.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.