I have a Windows 2000 where the cursor moves on its own. All the time it goes from a corner across the screen and can not stop it or move it by the mouse or in any way.
What to do?

Regards

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Stene

Caperjack, It doesen´t matter if I have a mouse attached or not, the cursor behaves on its own in both cases.

What application do you use when this thing occur? Maybe you can try another keyboard with PS/2 connection if your computer uses a PS/2 connection.

Thanks for the replies. I have a very good virusprotection that frequently deep scan the OS.
I just have the Desktop visible when the mouse starts to run wild.
Maybe I have to reinstall a XP instead of the 2000 as I also have had problems with the screen going white a few times.

If it is a hardware problem. I doubt re install to Window XP may not help. Although you can give it a try.

I have seen this before and it was corrupt mouse driver. Try remove mouse drivers and reinstall them.

smsmcp and all others thank you very much for all your efforts. I will try to remove and reinstall the mouse driver, it seems indeed likely that this can be the problem.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.