The power optons on my XP Pro SP3 IE8 laptop will not let me change the options back to default when I click on the standby or hybernation.
Want it to stay online while at idle & not ask me for a password everytime once it shuts down with the lid open. Tried System Restore to a later date & still no help.
Don't want to do a System Repair if not need be.
Tried all other options to get it to work but to no avail can I do it.
Not familiar with the power save options for laptop or the other power options to select.
Any help would be appreciated.
Its driving me crazy!!
Thank's!
David

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Thank's Rik from RCE!
I am well aware of performing tasks in DM.
I repair computer's & I am a computer consultant in my spare time.
I'll have a looksee at the DM & see if there's something up with it soon.
Maybe it's an issue in the bio's as well.
I hope I explained my issue with the power options well enough.
I just can't reset the passward & go in & uncheck or check the box & make it work for me.
It will let me put a checkmark in the box or remove it but it goes back to everytime when the laptop is at idle to the password window after sitting for a while when i'm not using it with the lid open.
Tried putting the sceensaver to "none" just to be sure.
A Avira virus scan might be a solution too.
Thank's for your tips & link!
David

Hmmm, perhaps a third party screen saver is to blame???

Thank's!
No 3rd party screen savers. Don't like the email spam it sends to my inbox.
I get enough of that spam anyway.
Do have some desktop picture's from my pic folder that somehow gets put on my desktop selections.
Have to do somemore tinkering once I get my laptop to work.
My Gateway goes to work with me & back home everyday on a regular basis for working projects.

I also am a computer technician btw, if it was mine I'd give it a full scan with mbam to see if there are any nasties hiding somewhere!

Unrelated, I am rather pleased with myself. I have figured out how to repair the HP DV series laptops that have the Nvidia GPU fail on them. I now have 11 repaired with a %100 success rate! :) And it's an actual repair rather than replacing the mobo with another one that will fail at a later date too!

My post I have on here has all the details what my recent client's was experiencing but don't have access to the laptop now, so its sits at his house untouched with no fix for it for now till I figure the problem with it.
I'm at a point it's not the GPU at fault overheating but somehting to do with a corrupted bio's.
Makes random beeps 2 long & 1 short & hard to hear even with an external speaker & screen will not come up & no bio's screen present.
All power is present on keyboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.