I recently formatted and reinstalled Windows XP Home 32 bit on an Acer Aspire 3003WLMi laptop. Once the install was completed I went to Acer Support site and installed all of the drivers for this pc. Once completed the Control Panel says everything is fine but the LAN will not work. It always says Network Cable Unplugged. The cable is plugged in and I have tried the LAN driver(LAN_SIS_2.0.1039.1180_XPx86) from 3 different Acer sites(Canada, US, and Europe) and it says it is working fine. Everything else works perfectly. Has anyone had this trouble before? Please help. I am sure it is a driver issue but can't find the right one to work....Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If its a LAN drivers problem. How do you manage to connect to your router? Are you using wifi or cable connection? Are you using dial up broadband connection or auto connect? Need more info please?

Right now I am able to connect to router using wifi. Everything works fine, except the LAN. I have tested the cable from pc to router, it is also fine. There are no link lights on the pc when cable is connected and I am told the cable is unplugged. Is it possible that the LAN port on the laptop is no good. It shows up in the device manager though!!!

If its a LAN drivers problem. How do you manage to connect to your router? Are you using wifi or cable connection? Are you using dial up broadband connection or auto connect? Need more info please?

i think connector problem you will change connector both side if your problem is still you check the your LAN port terminal.
maybe carbon problem.

Before you format your computer. Is the LAN port work? To what I can see could be your cable problem. Maybe try other cable and check.

Have you tried hooking up your laptop to a network other than your home one? Has that showed any activity on your LAN cable? Just a thought .. but yeah, as someone mentioned above, you could try hooking up a different cable and see what happens.

It's possible Accer have given you the wrong driver. Wouldn't be the first time. Check in device manager what make and model your lan card is then check that against what Acer say it should be. Also, have a look to see if Acer list more than 1 driver for your lan card. These big companies just can't be bothered to give you the correct driver. Dell are the worst for it, give 'em the asset tag number and they STILL list 8 or 9 different drivers for each bit of hardware!

yup maybe you downloaded a wrong driver for your Lan, try download again make sure the driver you download is 32bit or 64bit, depending on your operating system if is 32bit or 64bit..

hope it works...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.