I have lost all my java applications for some reason. I am using windows XP with internet explorer. I have tried to download a new Java VM from java.sun.com but I keep getting an error message that reads something like this, unable to find URI(Uniform Resource Identifier). Can anyone tell me what this means and maybe what i can do to get my java back. Thanks.

ryan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have lost all my java applications for some reason. I am using windows XP with internet explorer. I have tried to download a new Java VM from java.sun.com but I keep getting an error message that reads something like this, unable to find URI (Uniform Resource Identifier). Can anyone tell me what this means and maybe what i can do to get my java back.

Here is a fairly-direct link. If you need further help, let us know.

yeah ive already been there to do that. Everytime i try to dowload and install thats when i get the message about the URI. Thank for your help

If you have java installed, remove it first, then try downloading & installing.

yeah ive already been there to do that. Everytime i try to dowload and install thats when i get the message about the URI. Thank for your help

You can get semi-sneaky. Download the free version of the Opera browser with Java, then install. You can always uninstall the browser after, but you will still have the latest version of Java left behind.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.