I recently sent my PC to the Doctors because the Motherboard had decided to be a twat, i recieved it back and it was a lot lot better!

however 2 days later a message popped up

"Please activate your Windows Activation Key"

Is this something he forgot to do?

JK

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Splink,

No, he just installed the OS without an internet connection. Just go ahead and activate your copy. You can do it over the phone or over the Internet.

J_

Splink,

No, he just installed the OS without an internet connection. Just go ahead and activate your copy. You can do it over the phone or over the Internet.

J_

It asks me for an activation key though?

It asks me for an activation key though?

Yes I know. You either get this by downloading it from the MS server (by pressing activate), or you call them on the phone and ask them for it. I've already told you your options. If you are having problems with less than legit Keys, you might want to try another MS key. Here's how to change it. http://pages.prodigy.net/larzman/WinXP_Key_Code.htm

J_

thanks a lot man, what happens if i dont get it in time?

thanks a lot man, what happens if i dont get it in time?

I have no clue.

J_

I have no clue.

J_

Windows will stop working after 30 days...i belive

-T

shit, and thats not a good thing!

if i was to find a key and put it in before, would it be ok?

Your key is on the side of your computer just like the little tag says.

Click:

Start --> All Programs --> Activate Windows --> follow the instructions.

You may have to call microsoft. I just got of the phone with them not 5 minutes ago because the pc I reformatted had used its limit of key uses.

Doesn't take long. But if you have to call Microsoft because the activation box won't accept the key. Make sure you do it in the morning around 9:30. That way you get through the bot in about 5 minutes and then if it can't help you then you only have a 3 minute wait instead of a 45 to speak to a microsoft rep.

cheers man i will try that when i get home, thanks again!

anymore suggestions for me to read up on?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.