I have a dell laptop running windows media edition 2005 service pack 2.
Some time gao I noticed that advertisements on web pages that I visit are no longer loading. The page itself loads but not the advertisements, they simply show the "page cannot be displayed" term. I wouldn't mind this so much but when I try to hick the back button on my browser (IE6) it tries to reload the advertisement part of the page thus resulting in multiple presses of the back button. Any help would be great!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have a dell laptop running windows media edition 2005 service pack 2.
Some time gao I noticed that advertisements on web pages that I visit are no longer loading. The page itself loads but not the advertisements, they simply show the "page cannot be displayed" term. I wouldn't mind this so much but when I try to hick the back button on my browser (IE6) it tries to reload the advertisement part of the page thus resulting in multiple presses of the back button. Any help would be great!

Well, one way you could prevent the adverisments. therefore prventing the problem is getting a popup blobker. or giving firefox a go.(Link in Sig).

-T

windows pop up blocker is on. Aar as I can tell these aren't pop up windows but advertisements that are part of the actual page.

windows pop up blocker is on. Aar as I can tell these aren't pop up windows but advertisements that are part of the actual page.

Yes, windows popup blobker wont block internet popups. You will need an internet popup blocker. mozilla Firefox a greatone built in. One more this is just a specific site or all site?

-T

it seems to be any site with advertisement(s) that are part of the page. This what shows where the add should be:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Hmmm sorry bout that i must have missed the part about not being popups. Misunderstanding :o

-T

no problem, this is just so aggravating.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.