This was a problem i encountered with some days ago. My Dell Laptop started to freeze up with no reason at all. The mouse and keyboard were not working. I just ignored the problem and rebooted the computer everytime it happened. However, just yesterday, my computer started to freeze when it was starting. The three little blue boxes just stopped moving and nothing happened. I entered BIOS and did a diagnostic test and everything was fine except a "DST Short Test". I think it has something to do with the hard drive. What should I do now?

Have you checked your HDD Temperature?

This was a problem i encountered with some days ago. My Dell Laptop started to freeze up with no reason at all. The mouse and keyboard were not working. I just ignored the problem and rebooted the computer everytime it happened. However, just yesterday, my computer started to freeze when it was starting. The three little blue boxes just stopped moving and nothing happened. I entered BIOS and did a diagnostic test and everything was fine except a "DST Short Test". I think it has something to do with the hard drive. What should I do now?

If you can find out what kind of hard drive (ie manufacturer) you can download a tool to test the validity of the drive. :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.