I have this problem since 3 months. When I turn on my laptop (toshiba A215 s4807) only cooler starts and nthing more (no display, hdd etc.) so I have to wait like 10 minutes with laptop turned on like that and than turn it of an turn on again and it works perfectly. It is a little annoying to wait so long time. Could anyone help me please?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have this problem since 3 months. When I turn on my laptop (toshiba A215 s4807) only cooler starts and nthing more (no display, hdd etc.) so I have to wait like 10 minutes with laptop turned on like that and than turn it of an turn on again and it works perfectly. It is a little annoying to wait so long time. Could anyone help me please?

Check your battery. It may be almost dead. If it cannot hold a sufficient charge when powered down, it may gain enough charge to boot the laptop after the 10 minutes and start the laptop.

This used to be horrible news, but I've found replacement batteries on amazon for very reasonable prices.

I hope this helps -

/David C.

so try to remove your battery then plug the power of your laptop directly to wall socket but remember if their is a power failure your Laptop can't back up your unsave data...

so try to remove your battery then plug the power of your laptop directly to wall socket but remember if their is a power failure your Laptop can't back up your unsave data...

And how does this solve the problem?

I agree with a previous poster who said it may be a battery problem. I used to maintain a few dozen Toshibas running Windows XP and often a problem with the battery resulted in a dead machine. You'd think it should still work with a bad battery if the AC was connected but this was often not the case. On my Dell laptop battery there is a button which shows the battery health via LEDs when pressed. Does your Toshiba battery have something similar?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.