I installed a popup blocker a few days ago and got sick of it since it blocked my ability to read e-mails, write, etc. through AOL. It also would not allow me to click on the link of one site to another (new window would not appear or "pop up". This is still happening even after I uninstalled the software. Did it change the internet registry? If so what do I need to change in order to view pop up pages, hyperlinks, etc.? Thanks.:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I installed a popup blocker a few days ago and got sick of it since it blocked my ability to read e-mails, write, etc. through AOL. It also would not allow me to click on the link of one site to another (new window would not appear or "pop up". This is still happening even after I uninstalled the software. Did it change the internet registry? If so what do I need to change in order to view pop up pages, hyperlinks, etc.?

Which pop-up blocker was it? It should not have made unreversed changes to your Registry, though I think you are correct in assuming that that's what happened. Try Googling on the program name (in quotes) and the phrase new window (also in quotes) and see what turns up.

Heve you checked your settings: Tools -> Internet Options -> Security? I can't say exactly what settings might need changing, but it won't hurt to check.

As to a pop-up blocker, that's one of the main reasons that I run Mozilla, but a good pop-up blocker for IE (and useful in general) is the Google Toolbar.

It was "freesurfer" popup blocker. Most worthless piece of crap that I have every used. Not only that but it now seems to have screwed the settings up. Thanks.

It was "freesurfer" popup blocker. Most worthless piece of crap that I have every used. Not only that but it now seems to have screwed the settings up. Thanks.

Apparently, this has been an ongoing problem. I found this by searching like I said to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.