Hello, I am at a freinds house. I am currently removing malware, spyware, etc. from his PC. He has VERY small icons, on his start menu, and on his desktop. Its not from the screen size, thats fine, and we like them small. But they are like very very small. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem. I know it is simple .. but ...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Right click on the desktop and click Properties. Under the Appearance tab, click Effects. Select "Use Large Icons" and hit OK.

No that doesn't help I tried that allready. I mean these icons are very very very small .... I can barley see them ..

Click "Start", click "Run...", type "regedit", and click "OK". Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

In the right-hand pane, you will see a value called Shell Icon Size. The default data for this value is 32. If you see a value called Shell Small Icon Size, make sure it's data is set to 16. Also, make sure the value Shell Icon BPP is set to 16.

Click "Start", click "Run...", type "regedit", and click "OK". Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

In the right-hand pane, you will see a value called Shell Icon Size. The default data for this value is 32. If you see a value called Shell Small Icon Size, make sure it's data is set to 16. Also, make sure the value Shell Icon BPP is set to 16.

You can also do this by right clicking desktop -- properties -- appearance -- select icon in drop down menu -- change the size of the icon to whatever you want.

If this doesnt cure ... then try reseting the theme to default windows xp.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.