hey,
i hav windows 7 and i want to send a message from my computer to another laptop in my house via command prompt, they are both on the same network.
net send does not work and i hav heard to use msg. everytime i type msg i get "msg is not recognized as an internal or external command"
wat should i do?

hey,
i hav windows 7 and i want to send a message from my computer to another laptop in my house via command prompt, they are both on the same network.
net send does not work and i hav heard to use msg. everytime i type msg i get "msg is not recognized as an internal or external command"
wat should i do?

Msg.exe is only available in Windows 7 Business, Ultimate and Enterprise. I've heard that TSMsg.exe is a good alternative - you can find it by googling.

make sure you enable the messenger services in the services located at the services.msc and also to the other pc you want to delivered a message using net send....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.