i have two windows xp installed in my hard disk how do i uninstall one of them without affecting the other......one of them is not activated so i cant enter it in any way i know :sad:

i have two windows xp installed in my hard disk how do i uninstall one of them without affecting the other......one of them is not activated so i cant enter it in any way i know :sad:

If u have installed Win XP in C: and D: respectively, enter in to XP in C: and format D: . Now go to Mycomputer-Properties-Advanced on the startup and Recovery click on settings and then on Edit, it will open the boot loader, which might be like this

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Now delete this "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect"

Make sure ur deleting the entry of the OS in D: U shouldn't delete or format C:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.