I'm trying to burn a program to a cd but my computer keeps saying there is no disk in the drive. I tried another file and it keeps saying the same thing. Two days ago I copied files to it but now it won't recognize that there is one in there. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by khakilang

hi,first thing i would try is going to device manager cd/dvd section right click on the drive info and uninstall the drive ,and reboot computer to have windows reinstall drivers for the drive

Have you check the BIOS to see whether the CD/DVD drives is connected? If not than you may have to check the cable connection or the power source cable. Than follow caperject's instruction.

Does it recognize a used cd? just to be sure it's still working as read...

CD drive you mean? It should provide the cable connection is proper and CD drive is in working condition.

CD drive you mean? It should provide the cable connection is proper and CD drive is in working condition.

I mean did he try to use another cd that has content in it (not blank) and see if the drive can still read the files inside the cd...

Than in that case. You could clean your CD/DVD ROM with a CD cleaning kit. If it still cannot read any CD/DVD. You may have to get a new CD/DVD drive.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.