HI,

I am having problem in window ME while trying to logging into some of the sites like Moneycontrol.com and yahoo.com. Whenever i try to login to these sites, i get an error "Iexplore has caused an error in MSVCRT.DLL" and internet explorer windows get closed. I have also reinstall window ME but still getting the same problem.

Please suggest, if any one has solution

Thanks and Regards
Manish Rajpal

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Welcome to Daniweb :)

Have you tried to RE-REGISTER that file??

Click START/RUN and type this "regsvr32 msvcrt.dll"

You should get a message that the process was successfull.. Then try that page again :) If not,please let us know and we can try something else.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks for the quick help. I tried what u said and get the message as

"msvcrt.dll was loaded, but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found. Dllregisterserver may not be exported, or a currupt version of msvcrt.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it."

Please suggest.

Hmmmmmm,

Sounds like the file might be corrupted...

Try restoring the original file using SFC (System File Checker) -- You should have that program on ME,im not sure though....

Click Start/Run and enter SFC and if the program comes up,have it do a scan for you....... (All files that have been changed,deleted or are corrupted will come up in the scan .. Wait until you see msvcrt.dll come up as being corrupted and then restore the original.)

1 time SFC helped me big time,several of my sound card files were deleted for some reason!! -- Thankfully it restored them.......

Good luck :)

Hi,

I found SFC in msconfig and tried restroring file from Windows ME CD and also downloaded file from DLL-Files.com but whenever i try to restore the file, i get the message as "The Specified file is protected and may not be copied over or deleted".

Please suggest, if you still have a solution.

Thanks and Regards
Manish Rajpal

You have to let SFC restore it,SFC will tell you the file is in use and a reboot is needed,then IT will replace the file. (I replaced my 'EXPLORER.EXE' this way)

Use your CD to bring the file up in the FILENAME Blank (Extract one file from installation disk),then in the "Save file in" BLANK,select the folder that file is in... (Let it go from there)

Good luck :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.