Hello
Usually, when I connected a usb pendrive or put a cd in my drive, I had the autorun/autoplay window which appeared, however now am not getting anything when using these devices. I did not change any registry settings as well. Anyone can tell me how to recover the autorun feature on my XP?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Check your antivirus setting, they might actually block your autorun from running. If you're running Avira, more the reason...

Am on Panda, and it did not block anything. I believe this comes from an udpate in windows itself, as before the updates it used to work, but I recently installed the updates and it stopped.

Well make sure your AUTOEXEC.bat didn't go missing. There should be under Properties on either CD/DVD drives or Removable Drives. On Autorun tab, check 'prompt each time'. That should do...

thanks caperjack, i tried like flagstar said but it was still not working, the repair tool did the trick

your welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.