I have a Compaq Presario S5180AP and recently I replaced the motherboard to a MSI 865GM2-LS. I also added a Radeon 9600 Pro to my system

But now there is always typing lag. When I type it takes 2 seconds for each character to appear on the screen and if I type too quickly the motherboard will start beeping like when you press too many keys at once. Even when windows just boots up and no application has been started the lag still occurs.

I have tried turning typematic rate to the highest in the BIOS but it still occurs.

But when I play any games there is no lag just that when I type the characters take 2 second to appear on the screen. I have 256 DDR RAM. The problem already existed when I first changed the motherboard. I am using Windows XP professional.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

After you replaced the motherboard, did you install all the motherboard drivers?

Yes I did. At least all the drivers on the Auto-run function.

Hopefully someone else here will have some other ideas; I can only think of a couple of other possibilities.

Depending on how many services and programs you have running, 256MB of RAM may be inadequate. Have you tried running in Safe Mode to see if the problem exists there as well?

The only other thing I can think of would be the possibility of malware on your system so there are things running you're not aware of. Follow the recommendations in this thread to clear out any unwanted intruders
http://daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread5690.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.