Hi everyone,

Recently my primary hard drive started dying (it isn't dead yet but runs slow and crashes frequently). I already had a second hard drive in my computer so I transferred all of my important data to that, and then made a new installation of windows on that drive. I now have everything set up, and I want to take out the original hard drive. The problem is the original hard drive is my system partition so the computer will only boot if that hard drive is hooked in. If I just have my new hard drive hooked in it says "please insert......." so on and so forth. What I don't know how to do is make it so it will be able to boot from my new hard drive. I am assuming that would entail changing the system partition to the new hard drive which I don't know how to do. Also I'm guessing there would be some files the new hard drive doesn't have on it (such as boot.ini). Any help as to how to do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.