okay i don't know anything about computers, but i would get a blue screen all the time and it was driving me crazy, and i ran CHKDSK /F and it deleted 2 orphan files (i dont know what they are) it was fine for a while, and then it started again. i used a registry cleaner and it was okay for a bit, then one night it went to a blue screen, then when i reset it, the light for the floppy would come on and stay on, and it wouldnt boot, no screen or anything!!!it is doing that all the time now! someone please help me! i dont even know about my comp. but it is a 533mhz processor and it has a nvidia aladdin something or other. Please hit me on Blainemmett@hotmail.com i need my computer i have heaps of stuff on there. (also, i dont know anything about the inside of it either...)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

We are here for FREE to help people fix there own computer ,the fact you know nothing about computers inside or out ,makes it hard for someone to help you ,i suggest you take it to local computer repair guy .and to think we are suppose to email you with this help is really a bit much don't you think ,

If you do not see any BIOS activity at the beginning of boot, no list of disks or memory check then it is a bit dead, too dead for us to help you with it. Your not knowing anything about computers pretty much precludes us giving ideas about memory stick replacements or hdd checks.
Sorry, but caper is correct.

Okay, I gotta try to help.... if your machine is actually still bootable then do this [this procedure will burn a diagnostic program onto a cd which in turn may be used to boot your machine and check the hd] :
== Checking A HDD That Will Not Load The OpSys

You'll need access to a computer with Internet connectivity and a CD burner, plus a blank CD-R or CD-RW.
Then go to this link: http://www.woyaa.com/cgi-bin/download/jump.cgi?ID=708646
or this link: http://support.thetechguys.com/Uploads/%7Bb4d5f239-78d9-4bd8-8e7a-2de1983b4d7d%7D/DiagCD23.exe
Either Run the file download or Save diagcd23.exe to your computer and dclick it to run. The procedure is quite automatic: you will be asked to insert a blank CD for burning the file.
Once the disk is created, put it in your broken machine, then restart it. It should boot from the CD and then give you the opportunity to run a Long HDD (hard disk) test. The utility supports a wide range of disk manufacturers.
Say how you get on.

props to gerbil for actually trying to help, it was my video card that was stuffed, i just threw it out. But a big "fuck you" to Caperjack! He was quick to get on there and talk shit, there was no need to reply if you werent actually going to help anyway. So, in summary, thanks gerbil for trying to help. Cheers

Thanks for the reply, blain, good to know the result. But seriously, we do not email help because we feel that others on search may lose a solution or otherwise, deadends and so forth. The site is a resource. Caper is a great asset here, and you did say you knew nothing about the innards of a machine...

props to gerbil for actually trying to help, it was my video card that was stuffed, i just threw it out. But a big "fuck you" to Caperjack! He was quick to get on there and talk shit, there was no need to reply if you werent actually going to help anyway. So, in summary, thanks gerbil for trying to help and fuck you caperjack, you fat fucking nerd. Cheers

lol,

props to gerbil for actually trying to help, it was my video card that was stuffed, i just threw it out. But a big "fuck you" to Caperjack! He was quick to get on there and talk shit, there was no need to reply if you werent actually going to help anyway. So, in summary, thanks gerbil for trying to help and fuck you caperjack, you fat fucking nerd. Cheers

I've reported this as a bad post.
It's my sincere hope this poster will be banned for life.

props to gerbil for actually trying to help, it was my video card that was stuffed,

you did good for someone who knows nothing about computers inside and out .nothing in you first post lead me to believe it was video.

you caperjack, you fat fucking nerd. Cheers

Im not fat .a little chubby maybe! !

Hey, hugh, couple bits of it are orright! N now we know caper's got a weight problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.