We are an IT company and we constantly get asked to install new software on computers. We are looking for a way to automate the sofware install process. We want something that will let us choose which software to install and not run without any interaction.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I would recommendt that you take a look at Micrsoft's System Center, specifically Configuration Manager (SCCM). It is an enterprise product that not only allows you to deploy software, but automate the deployment of Windows updates, hotfixes, service packs, etc... In addition, SCCM provides native remote control tools, software and hardware inventory managment, software metering, are more features.

we can automate office and other MS products, but we are looking for software that requires alot of steps to get it installed. we would like to automate it .

So if I understand you correctly, you need to automate the installation of software that requires a lot of steps for it to be installed.

Its been a while, but many years ago, I had a similar situation and what I used was a free tool called autoitscript. You can search for it and try it out. One of the reasons why I used it was because the software I was trying to automate the installation for had no auto install features and it required different selections and configurations to be made during the installation. What I liked about autoitscript was that I was able to send keystrokes to the install program, exactly as a user would do. Not sure if it would be of use to you, but I just thought of that.

software that requires alot of steps to get it installed

years ago i use to make a cd with say 5 or 6 different program i want on one disk and had a free program to create the install and it worked great, but i cant for the life of me remeber the name of the program ,im sure if i looked hard i could probley find the last disk i made

hey buddy... this is not robot, its computer and worked by the command of human...

i think you need a robot.... dont mind ;)

Okay you can use WPI, Windows Post Install, i used that utility years ago, its free and legal, take a look.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.