Ok, I have windows ME, I just installed it on my computer, however even befor I installed it, There was a problem with the display. The colors are speckly and it says its working on 16 colors, isnt it supposed to work on 32 or something?? And when I boot up it gives me screen that says - normal, safe mode etc... I always select normal and i have tried to install several different display adapters but to no avail. It keeps saying there is a conflict with 2 different hardware or something?? I just want all my colors back please, please help!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Ok, I have windows ME

Sorry to hear that. :mrgreen:

The colors are speckly and it says its working on 16 colors, isnt it supposed to work on 32 or something?? ...i have tried to install several different display adapters but to no avail. It keeps saying there is a conflict with 2 different hardware or something??

You can use Windows' Device Manager to determine the model of graphics card you have, as well as what pieces of hardware are having problems/conflicts. This Microsoft article has information on using Device Manager to pinpoint problematic hardware and resource conflicts. Follow the suggestions in the article and get back to us with your findings. When you repost, please give us full and exact details; you need to be as specific as possible in order for us to help you most efficiently.

Your problem is very simple one.....lack of drivers.
Your videocard driver is not installed. (gasp)
Possibly chipset driver also needs installing.
If you post a VGA model (exact) someone will give you more precise instructions of what to do.

Hey thanks for all your help I got the problem fixed - thank god!!!! Hopefully all will be well now - fingers crossed!!

Glad you got it sorted.
Can you post the details of how you solved the problem, please? That info could be helpful to others who might find themselves experiencing similar trouble.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.