Hi.. Sorry about this being my first post, but I've been unable to receive help at TechSupportForums.com. :mad:

About a week ago my PC began screwing up. After startup, before I had even done anything, the CPU was running at 99%. I opened Process explorer and it shows that Hardware Interupts are taking between 9 and 20% of the CPU, and that Deferred Procedure Calls are taking between 45 and 60% of the CPU. The "System" part itself is taking up 50% of the CPU.
I have no clue what is going on.. It just started happening one day after turning the PC back on. :mad:

One of the Crew members at the other forum said that he believes it's either a Hardware of Driver problem. I did a driver scan, and this is the results page:

http://driveragent.com/driveragent_results.php?hwid=86a309ea40737186e5b462435261ffcf&n=1672482

I suck at finding things on the internet, so I've been unable to find any updates. If anyone on here has any suggestions or ideas, or could possibly help me find updates for these drivers, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The first thing to do is to check the hardware manufacturer's websites; you'll find most of what you need on their support/download pages. Keep in mind that drivers for devices which are intergral to the motherboard (graphics chipsets, disk drive/USB controllers, etc.) are often bundled together into one motherboard update package. This saves you the trouble of hunting around for each individual component's driver.
If you need drivers for obscure or obsolete hardware, driverguide.com is a good resource. The site does require you to register as a member if you want to download, but the registration is free of charge.

The first thing to do is to check the hardware manufacturer's websites; you'll find most of what you need on their support/download pages. Keep in mind that drivers for devices which are intergral to the motherboard (graphics chipsets, disk drive/USB controllers, etc.) are often bundled together into one motherboard update package. This saves you the trouble of hunting around for each individual component's driver.
If you need drivers for obscure or obsolete hardware, driverguide.com is a good resource. The site does require you to register as a member if you want to download, but the registration is free of charge.

Hi again. I went to the eMachines Website, and there absolutely no driver downloads on the site.

I was able to find my system specifications however:
CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 519
Operates at 3.06GHz
1MB L2 cache and 533MHz FSB
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Chipset: Intel 915GV chipset
Memory: 512MB Dual Channel DDR
Expandable to 4GB
Hard Drive: 160GB Serial ATA 7200rpm, 8MB cache
Optical Drives: DVD±RW, 16x Multi-Format double layer
CD-ROM drive - 48x max write
Media Reader: 8-in-1 digital media manager
Video: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 w/DirectX 9 support
Up to 224MB shared video memory
Sound: Intel® High Definition 6-channel audio (5.1)
Network: Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Premium multimedia keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers
Ports/Other: 7 USB (1 in Media Manager, 2 in front, 4 in back), 3 IEEE 1394 Firewire (2 in front, 1 in back), 1 VGA external connector, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio (2 in front, 3 in back)

I also checked out Driverguide.com. Being that I'm a minor, I really wouldn't like to apply for all those offers. Is there any way that I could post my system drivers on here and get links to downloads?

Is there any way that I could post my system drivers on here and get links to downloads?

You can certainly do that. I can't guarantee that our members have the time to go searching for drivers for you, but I'm sure people will post links/suggestions if they have them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.