There are to people who can log onto my computer,both have full privliges.oN the no 2 log in desk top is a file I wish to delete,when I try to do this I get the folloing error message(Access is denied.Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and the file is not currently in use.I have also tried to delate it using a programe called unlocker.I was told that if I went into safe mode and then right clicked on desk top then properties then security I could change the settings to allow me to delete the file.The problem is that when I go into safe mode it only shows my log in name to start up.
Thank You.
Dave

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You could try PocketKill Box.

Download pocket killbox from http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/killbox.exe & put it on the desktop where you can find it easily

Now Start killbox Copy the list of files below to the clipboard by selecting all of them with your mouse (Left click the start of the list and drag the mouse to the bottom of the list) and when they are all selected ( highlighted in blue) right click on any part of the blue area and say copy

In the Killbox, Go to the toolbar press file and select Paste from clipboard. The first file name will appear in the window and if the file exists it will appear in blue under that window then select standard file kill, press the red X button, say yes to the prompt and once the file deleted message comes up then press the red X again and continue to press untill the last file on the list appears in the window & it says deleted.

File List

<The path to the file you want to delete>

thank you

Your welcome :). Let me know if it works.

I am afraid not.

Try, checking the "Delete on Reboot" option. Then reboot, see if that does it.

thank you this is now solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.