I found this in a few different places around the 'net - hopefully it's helpful:
If you have Clean Sweep Deluxe, you should disable it before proceeding. Follow these directions to create a one-click shutdown shortcut:
- Navigate to your Desktop.
- On the Desktop, right-click and go to New, then to Shortcut (in other words, create a new shortcut).
- You should now see a pop-up window instructing you to enter a command line path.
Enter one of these as the path: SHUTDOWN -s -t 01
- If the C: drive is not your local hard drive, then replace "C" with the correct letter of the hard drive.
- Click the "Next" button.
- Name the shortcut and click the "Finish" button.
Now whenever you want to shut down, just click on this shortcut and you're done. Also, if you want to make life better and faster, you can right-click the new shortcut you just made, go to Properties, and type in X (or whatever letter) in the Shortcut Key box.