I found this in a few different places around the 'net - hopefully it's helpful:

Skip the Recycle Bin Confirmation Message

When you delete items by moving them to the Recycle Bin, Windows displays a message confirming the deletion: "Are you sure you want to send FILENAME to the Recycle Bin?" If you?re tired of clicking an answer to that question, you can configure Windows XP to skip the confirmation message whether or not you?re using the Recycle Bin.

• Right-click the Recycle Bin, and then click Properties.
  • In the Recycle Bin Properties dialog box, clear the Display delete confirmation dialog check box, and then click OK.
  • If you don't want to use the Recycle Bin at all, in the Recycle Bin Properties dialog box, select the Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted check box.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You can also right click,hold shift and click DELETE,this will also bypass the bin :)

well this method is not to be followed
to delete large files or folders at once
u can delete it within sec.

just create another file/folder with the same name which u want to delete.

well this method is not to be followed
to delete large files or folders at once
u can delete it within sec.

just create another file/folder with the same name which u want to delete.

I don't think you can create a file or folder with the same name in the same directory. At least not in windows.

I don't think you can create a file or folder with the same name in the same directory. At least not in windows.

ya u cannot do that... itll just name it 2 or ask u to give a different file name... just hold shift and hit delete more than simple... just mechanical...

Yep. Two finger salute: Hold Shift, press Delete. And poof...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.