Everytime I turned on my laptop this thing appears on the screen...

Updater Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymois.

To see what this error report contains click here

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS???

Everytime I turned on my laptop this thing appears on the screen... Updater Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

It's the automated Windows Update, launched every time you start Windows. I prefer to do it manually; you can see why. Here's what you do:

1. Boot into Safe Mode.
2. Type MSConfig into the Run box in the Start menu and press the [Enter] key.
3. A tabbed dialog box pops up with the Startup tab on the right side. Click that tab.
4. Check Selective startup and continue.
5. You will be presented with a list of startup programs with checked boxes, which indicates that they are active.
6. Uncheck the one that is called wupdate or something similar (it's been so long since I deleted it, I'm not sure of the exact name).
7. Click [OK] and reboot into normal Windows.

The use of MSConfig is considered a temporary fix. To make the change permanent, download CodeStuff Starter with a link you can get from http://codestuff.mirrorz.com. This will allow you to permanently prevent the launch at startup.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.