When starting message "WE APOLOGIZE FOR INCONVENIECE, BUT WINDOWS DID NOT START SUCCESSFULLY. A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MIGHT HAVE CAUSED THIS." It tells me what to do dut nothing happens goes back to same message. Don't have any software just a compaq systems recovery disc for windows xp home edition disc 5. HOW CAN I FIX THIS :?::sad::?::sad::?:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

One of the Functions buttons might direct you to a system restore point.

Try tapping each one at start up.

HI. OH MY GOD IM GETTING EXACTLY THE SAME THING ON MY PC, ITS DRIVING ME MAD, IT HAPPENED TODAY WHEN I WAS OUT AND I LEFT MY DAD USING MY PC, AND HAVE COME HOME TO FIND THE EXACT SAME ERROR ON WINDOWS, SAYING WHAT YOU WROTE ABOVE.IT JUST KEEPS GOING ROUND AND ROUND BUT NEVER ACTUALLY LOADING. IVE ALSO GOT A WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION DISC AND HAVE PUT THIS IN BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. PLEASE CAN YOU LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIX YOURS AND HOW YOU DIT IT, AND I WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU.
PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO?
KIND REGARDS,
VICKI

When starting message "WE APOLOGIZE FOR INCONVENIECE, BUT WINDOWS DID NOT START SUCCESSFULLY. A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MIGHT HAVE CAUSED THIS." It tells me what to do dut nothing happens goes back to same message. Don't have any software just a compaq systems recovery disc for windows xp home edition disc 5. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

first, check your capslock key before you start typing.

next, try putting the cd in the tray, turning the ocmputer off, and when you turn it on, hit f12 or f10 (depending on what kind of computer it is) and this will bring you to a boot options menu. there should be a 'IDE Device/ CD-ROM drive' or something close to that. Select that boot option, and follow the onscreen instructions.

If that doesn't work: it's most likely a hardware failure. more testing would be needed to determine exactly what device on your computer is culprit.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.